LDC EQUIPMENT PTY LTD GUARANTEES AND WARRANTIES
Safety Oriented, Client Focused
All of LDC’s equipment has a reputation for quality, reliability and simplicity in design and use. While quality is our number 1 priority, we understand and appreciate that while every effort is made to ensure every product is 100% fault free in operation and finish, unexpected things can unfortunately occur.
Our Commitment to you, our valued Customer, is that should this happen, we will stand behind our products proudly and make all efforts to rectify the issue as quickly and effectively as possible.
LDC EARTHMOVING EQUIPMENT PTY LTD, (“LDC”) hereby warrants to the Original Purchaser, as those terms are defined herein, and subject to the provisions, limitations and exclusions in this limited warranty, that its new product or new component purchased from LDC or an Authorised Distributor shall be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the periods stated below, and subject to the provisions, limitations and exclusions in this limited warranty.
This limited warranty covers material, workmanship and repair labour cost as to those items specifically listed below for the periods specified. Such repair labour shall be performed only by LDC technicians, its Distributors, or Service Agents approved by LDC EQUIPMENT.
For repairs made by qualified technicians other than LDC’s factory technicians or an Authorised Distributor or Service Agent, LDC will provide only the replacement parts or components.
|PRODUCT||WARRANTY PERIOD – To the original purchaser only (Non-transferable)|
|ARROW BOARDS||5/2 years (*See note)|
|VARIABLE MESSAGE SIGN (VMS) – Trailer Mtd||2 years|
|VARIABLE MESSAGE SIGN (VMS) – Vehicle Mtd||12 months|
|PORTABLE TRAFFIC LIGHT (PTL)||12 months|
|LED BILLBOARDS (FCP)||12 months|
|SOLAR CAM PRODUCTS||12 months|
|SOLAR LIGHTING TOWERS||2 years|
|SOLAR STREET LIGHTS||3 year replacement warranty**|
|HAND CONTROLLERS||12 months|
|ON-BOARD BATTERIES (all products)||12 months|
|RADAR PRODUCTS||12 months|
|SPARE PARTS (excludes warranty service)||12 months|
|SERVICE (excluding warranty service)||6 months|
*WARRANTY SPECIFIC TO LDC ARROW BOARDS
5 YEARS ON LED LAMPS
LED Lamps will be replaced under warranty for a period of 5 years, should more than 5 individual LEDS fail within a lamp, or should the lamp degrade from its initial specified value by more than 25% after 5 years of operation in the field.
2 YEARS ON ELECTRONICS AND HARDWARE
The controller and electronics, sign case, electric actuator and all mounting hardware (including optional beacons if factory fitted) will be repaired or replaced for a period of 2 years.
** 3 year replacement warranty on Integrated Solar Street Lights after inspection and assessment from LDC.
SUMMARY OF AUSTRALIAN STATUTORY CONSUMER (END-USER) GUARANTEES
Your consumer guarantee rights under Australian consumer law operate alongside, and in addition to the comprehensive LDC Warranty offered on all LDC products.
†Further details at the end of this document.
LDC OFFERS A ‘BACK TO BASE WARRANTY’
To make a warranty claim under this limited warranty, you must present the product or defective component with evidence of proof of purchase to LDC Equipment (Gold Coast, QLD).
In the case where an inspection reveals no warranty eligible defect, LDC reserves the right to charge the price for the inspection. LDC also reserves the right to charge you for parts, labour and ancillary cost associated with rectification work, if the fault is not as a result of a manufacturing defect.
You will be notified if your product is found to be ineligible for warranty repair.
Excluded from any LDC warranty provisions is damage to a product or component resulting from a cause other than a defect, including but not limited to:
* Any modifications or installations not carried out by LDC Equipment
* Poor maintenance
* Abuse or vandalism
* Accident and collision
* Maintenance adjustments
* Unreasonable or unintended strain or use
* Installation of parts or accessories that are not original equipment
* Acts of God
Also excluded from any LDC warranty are all fuses, filters, decals (except safety decals), lubricants, routine wear items such as tyres, charger plug and receptacle (as fitted), mats, brake shoes, cosmetic deterioration, and items that deteriorate, fade or fail due to exposure to weather or ordinary wear and tear.
THE PROVISIONS OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL NOT APPLY TO FAILURE DUE TO:
* Abuse such as overcharging, undercharging, careless handling, loose wiring and fasteners, or rusted or corroded hardware.
* Lack of proper maintenance such as preventive maintenance checks, maintaining proper tire pressures and tightening loose wire connections as outlined in the owner’s manual.
* Damages caused by improper installation of a component other than by LDC factory technicians or an Authorised Distributor or Service Agent.
* Neglect, breakage, freezing, fire, explosion, wreckage, the installation of the batteries in reverse or recharging in reverse, breakage of containers, covers, terminal posts or batteries used in applications for which they were not designed.
* A battery damaged by a defective charger or batteries in products that do not receive proper charging.
* Products charged by systems other than the LDC supplied charger.
* Charger DC cord set with plug, which is a wear item and subject to user abuse.
* Touchscreen hand controller with plug, which is a wear item and subject to user abuse.
* Damage or loss of product during shipments (all claims relating to freight and shipment damage should be presented directly to the carrier).
VOIDING OF WARRANTY
This and any other warranty shall be void if the product or component is abused or used in an unintended manner or shows indications that it has been altered in any way, to cause it to perform outside LDC’s specifications.
The warranty is likewise void if the product shows indications that reasonable or necessary maintenance was not performed.
LDC’s liability under this limited warranty or in any action whether based upon warranty, contract, negligence, strict product liability or otherwise, shall be the repair or replacement of the product, at LDC’s option.
Replacement shall mean furnishing, during the applicable limited warranty period, a new product or factory–reconditioned product or component thereof that is identical or reasonably equivalent to the warranted product or component at no cost to the purchaser.
Repair shall mean remedying a defect in the product or component thereof at no cost to the purchaser during the applicable limited warranty period. LDC reserves the right to test and recharge any component returned for adjustment. If LDC elects to repair the product or component, it may provide factory-reconditioned parts or components.
All parts and components replaced under warranty shall become the property of LDC.
This limited warranty is exclusive.
LDC makes no other warranty of any kind, expressed or implied. Any implied warranties of merchant ability or fitness for a particular purpose are hereby disclaimed by LDC and excluded from this warranty.
LDC makes no other representation or warranty of any kind, and no representative, employee, distributor or service agent of LDC has the authority to make or imply any representation, promise or agreement, which in any way varies the terms of this warranty.
NO CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
In no event shall LDC be liable for any incidental or consequential damages including, but not limited to, loss related to property other than the product, loss of use, loss of time, inconvenience, or any other economic loss.
Any modification or change to the product that affects the electrical system, stability or on road handling characteristics of the product beyond factory specifications could result in severe personal injury or death.
†Consumer (end-user) guarantees applying to goods supplied
There are nine guarantees that apply, as summarised in Australian Consumer Law (ACL) – Consumer Guarantees (CG), as per the Competition and Consumer Act, 20 10 (CCA):
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that goods are of acceptable quality when sold to a consumer – see ACL page 13 CG
- A supplier guarantees that goods will be reasonably fit for any purpose the consumer or supplier specified – see ACL page 14 CG
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that the description of goods when quoted or advertised is accurate – see ACL page 15 CG
- A supplier guarantees that goods will match any sample or demonstration model and any description provided – see ACL page 15 CG
- Suppliers and manufacturers guarantee that the goods will satisfy any extra promises made about them (additional warranties) – see ACL page 16 CG
- A supplier guarantees they have the right to sell the goods (clear title), unless they alert the consumer (end-user) before the sale that they had ‘limited title’ – see ACL page 17 CG
- A supplier guarantees that no one will try to repossess or take back goods, or prevent the consumer using the goods, except in certain circumstances – see undisturbed possession ACL page 17 CG
- A supplier guarantees that goods are free of any hidden securities or charges and will remain so, except in certain circumstances – see ACL page 17 CG
- Manufacturers or importers guarantee they will take reasonable steps to provide spare parts and repair facilities for a reasonable time after purchase – see A CL page 17 CG
CG – Consumer Guarantees (document copyright 2010)
ACL – Australian Consumer Law
ACCC – Australian Competition and Consumer Commission
CCA – Competition and Consumer Act (2010)
AUSTRALIAN COMPETITION AND CONSUMER COMMISSION
GPO Box 3131
Canberra, ACT 2601
1300 302 502
LDC EARTHMOVING EQUIPMENT PTY LTD
27 Harrington Street
Arundel, QLD 4214
(07) 5529 1188
For warranty related communication, contact LDC Equipment